Following massive weight loss, many patients are left with excess skin, which can cause difficulty fitting into clothes, taking place in physical activity, and cause self-consciousness. In these cases, a full body lift may be able to help! A body lift is a procedure effective in reducing excess skin, fat, and other tissue present after an immense weight loss. It is unique to each individual and can address many areas of the body, including the buttocks, abdomen, waist, hips, and thighs. A full body lift can be done or the patient might choose to have only the lower or mid body lift.
Who is a Candidate for a Body Lift?
Patients who have gone through a dramatic weight loss and now experience excess skin on the body can benefit from a body lift to reshape and tone their body.
In order to be considered for a body lift, patients must be at a stable weight, be in good physical health, be nonsmokers, and be finished having children. It is important to have realistic expectations and understand that, although surgeon will work to make them as subtle as possible, you may have scars from the incisions.
Results of a Body Lift:
Body lift patients often see amazing results and are extremely happy with the outcome of their procedures. Results often include:
- Additional weight loss from removal of excess skin.
- Ability to wear a wider variety of clothing without having to cover up loose skin.
- More comfortability while exercising and during daily activity without extra weight of loose skin.
- Improve hygiene by getting rid of extra skin that may have been causing irritation or infection.
- Build self-confidence by improving the shape and contour of your body.
If you are interested in learning more about the body lift procedure, take the next step by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Hall to form a plan for treatment.