Choosing to get a breast reduction is a major decision that involves a lot of research. Part of this research is knowing how to be prepared for the day of your breast reduction surgery. Dr. Johnathan Hall will make sure to go over each step with you during your consultation and prior to your surgery to make sure you are comfortable and prepared.
Prior To Your Breast Surgery
It is important to follow all of Dr. Hall’s instructions to reduce any risk of complications from happening during your surgery. There are a few things that should be done in preparation for breast reduction surgery.
- Stop smoking at least a month before surgery
- Make a list of all your medications
- Get a medical evaluation done
- Avoid taking aspirin and other anti-inflammatory drugs
- Arrange for a responsible person to stay with you
Day of Surgery
The day of your surgery is exciting and stressful as you want to make sure you are fully prepared for the procedure and the recovery time. There are a few things to check off your list on the day of your breast reduction.
- Wear a comfortable shirt that opens in the front
- Make sure to have a ride home the next day
- You’ll be put under anesthesia
- Have a list of at-home care instructions
The recovery period is very important for your breast reduction results. It is important to know that you will need help during this time. You should have someone around so that you do not have to do any heavy lifting. Dr. Hall will give you a detailed list of instructions to follow to help with your healing. These instructions will include:
- Medications to take to help to heal and reduce the risk of infection
- What to look for in case of infection
- How to care for your breasts
- When to make a follow-up appointment
Talk with Dr. Hall
Dr. Hall wants all of his patients to feel comfortable and knowledgeable before coming into their procedure. That is why he will make sure to give you detailed instructions before and after the surgery. If you have any questions at any time feel free to call the office.