If you’ve been thinking for a while about whether or not you might be a good candidate for a facelift, but aren’t sure, not to worry! In this post, we will review what the procedure is and how it helps. We’ll also take a look at some of the factors that may make someone an excellent candidate. Here’s what to know about the facelift and whether it’s right for you.
What Is a Facelift?
In a nutshell, a facelift is exactly what it sounds like: an operation that lifts the skin and soft tissue around the face and neck. A classic facelift works by tightening the underlying muscles; they typically begin to sag and lose volume as you age. This leads to loose skin, creases, and wrinkles. When those muscles are tightened (the cutaneous ligaments are also tightened at the same time), it restores them to a more upright position.
Benefits of Facelift Surgery
So, a facelift restores a youthful look and gets rid of typical signs of aging. What other benefits does the procedure have? Of course, the most obvious benefit is that your face will look younger and fresher; however, less obvious benefits include the following:
- Improved self-confidence: when your friends and family comment on how great you look, you’ll feel more confident in yourself.
- Better looking makeup: As your face is lifted and any wrinkles are smoothed out, you’ll see less creasing and smoother application.
- A more awake look: When you look tired, it shows in your face. As you get older, it becomes increasingly difficult to look awake and refreshed. With a facelift, you’ll look more youthful and energetic.
Am I A Good Facelift Candidate?
Here are some of the signs that you’re an excellent candidate:
1. Your skin has wrinkles, especially if they are deep.
2. You have sagging skin or loose skin around the face and neck.
3. You’ve lost a lot of weight, resulting in loose skin and lost volume in the face.
4. You’ve tried products or non-surgical treatments like injectables, facials, and lasers but don’t achieve good results.
Schedule a Consultation
If you’re interested in learning more about the facelift and how you can benefit, your first step is meeting with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon. To meet with Dr. Hall and our team, contact our Stoneham office by calling or filling out our online form.